This page documents the guidelines on how the Mods Database is maintained, such as rules for the addition, removal and classification of mod entries, if you are not a Mod Creator or Wiki Editor, this page is likely irrelevant to you!
The revision of this page you are currently reading is a DRAFT and not yet in effect! These guidelines will be in effect as soon as this line is removed from the page.
Mod Entries Fields Rules
|Game||Cancelled only||This field is necessary because the Cancelled section holds mods of both games together. CAN ONLY BE EITHER "NSMBU", "NSLU" OR "NSMBU & NSLU".
DO NOT write "NSMBU + NSLU" at all costs! This can easily be confused for the Bundle version of the games instead of a mod having levels on both NSMBU and NSLU parts of the game
|Nº of Worlds||ALL||The number of worlds the mod has (released mod) or is/was planned to have (upcoming/cancelled mod)
|Nº of Levels||ALL||The number of levels the mod has (released mod) or is/was planned to have (upcoming/cancelled mod)
|Description||ALL||General information about the mod. This field is optional and may be left blank.|
|Release Date||Non-Cancelled only||For released mods, the date in which it was released. For upcoming mods, the planned or estimated release date which is subject to change.
For upcoming mods where this is not yet known, "TBA" should be used.
|Links||ALL||Links to resources related to the mod. All are optional except for a single REQUIRED Download link for released mods.
Not all links are allowed! ONLY the types of links below are permitted:
Dead trailer and website links will be outright removed. For dead download links refer to the
Mod Entry Addition
- Any already fully released or partially released (demos) NSMBU or NSLU mod instantly qualifies for addition to the database, with a few exceptions:
- To qualify as a proper mod, at least 2 custom levels must be present, single level releases are custom levels, not mods.
- A logo must exist for the mod and be used in the mod's titlescreen. (More specifically, a Title.szs with the custom logo must be present in the released download, whether it works or fails on NSMBU Bundle and etc is irrelevant)
NOTICE: Before the creation of these guidelines, many upcoming mods were added to the database without meeting these requirements, they will not be backwards-removed, but future mods will be required to meet the requirements below.
- To qualify for addition as an upcoming (TBA release) mod, the initial obvious requirement is to be a NSMBU or NSLU mod, with at least a full world or more worth of custom levels planned to be made.
- To reduce additions of mods cancelled shortly after their announcement, initial progress must have already been made in the mod:
- A final name for the mod must already have been decided.
- The mod must already be in development for at least 30 days since work on it first started (NOT since the initial reveal announcement!)
- The mod must have shown real public development progress, at bare minimum 1 level preview (image or video, but bonus points if video)
- An estimated initial number of worlds planned to be made must have been decided. (Number of levels optional but also improves qualification chances)
- An estimated release date must have been decided (at minimum a specific year, month/day optional)
- This does not need to be a final deadline, extending it after addition to the database is perfectly fine.
- However, failure to extend the deadline with no public updates on the mod's status will result in it being assumed cancelled after too long has passed since the deadline registered on the database.
- An official announcement for the mod must have been made on the Evolution Discord server
- You may be exempt of this requirement if you explicitly reach out to us on the Zenith Discord server with a request and reasoning (All other requirements must still be met and will require proof).
- Having a logo greatly increases the qualification chance, but is not strictly required for upcoming mods.
- Having a high quality video trailer drastically increases qualification chance, but also not strictly required. (Level showcases & previews do not count)
- Mods for NSMBU or NSLU that are known to have existed and been cancelled prior to the creation of the database instantly qualify for addition, with the exception of fake joke mods.
- Mods started and cancelled after the creation of the database must have first been accepted into the database while they were still in active development as an upcoming mod. (Thus must have passed all the requirements above for Upcoming Mods)
- In other words, direct addition of a mod to the cancelled section is disallowed, future mods may only enter the cancelled section through being moved from the main database section.
Mod Entry Removal
Released mods may never be fully removed from the database. At explicit request of the original creator(s), the Creators field may be blanked out and all instances of their name(s) removed from an archived download in the Links field, should they desire to remove their traces from the internet, however the preservation of the mod's existence and its anonymized assets (excluding extraneous content such as trailers) is non-negotiable.
In the event of a mod being taken down, by the author, Nintendo or another party, resulting in all links of the mod to be gone, the links section shall simply be replaced with a "Taken down" notice.
If a taken down mod still has an archived download, it will be linked under the "Taken down" notice. Trailers will not be archived, but if still up even with the mod's download gone, the Download link will be marked as a (DEAD LINK) or (ARCHIVE) if an archive exists.
Upcoming mods are the most volatile of all and therefore the most prone to removal, or, in most cases, being transferred to the cancelled section.
- An upcoming mod may be freely fully removed from the database at explicit request of the original creator(s).
- An upcoming mod will be moved to the cancelled section if any of the following are met and all attempts of contact with the creators have failed:
- The mod has exceeded it's registered expected release date by over 3 months with no public announcement regarding the delay. (For mods with only an estimated year, the deadline overflow starts at December 31st of that year)
- The mod has had no publicly noticeable activity in its development for over 6 months. (Even if still within the expected release date deadline!)
- The mod creator(s) have deleted all their known internet accounts without warning and are therefore unreachable. (No delay for this one, the instant their digital presence is gone, the mod will be considered cancelled)
- The mod has been officially announced as cancelled.
Cancelled mods may never be fully removed from the database. At explicit request of the original creator(s), the Creators field may be blanked out and if applicable, all instances of their name(s) removed from an archived download in the Links field, should they desire to remove their traces from the internet, however the preservation of the mod's existence and if applicable, its anonymized assets (excluding extraneous content such as trailers), is non-negotiable.
This is not a legal document and as such nothing here is set in stone nor to be taken literally. Use common sense when reading.
As such, exceptions to these rules are always possible with permission from Zenith moderators and will be handled on a case-by-case basis with direct requests to the moderators on the Zenith Discord server.